Sunday, March 16, 2014

You might know this already but I wanted to share my story with you…
   I am a stay at home mom. I have worked full time for that last 8ish years and so staying home with my amazing little girl has been a change. I have seen four things change the most I will share them with you.
   1st change- social interactions, I realized that I got most my social outlet through work. I have had a hard time having adult conversation outside of family. I was surprised to learn that I need this outlet so much.
   2nd change- Self-esteem, I realized that at work I was on top. I did my best and someone would let me know it. My employees seemed excited to see me and be at work with me which was a large boost to my self-esteem. I know Samm and Kaylee appreciate me and all I do but I have been lacking in the same self-esteem boost.
   3rd change- time management, When I was working all the time I had to use my at home time wisely or differently. I made time for things like cleaning, spending quality time with my little family, relaxing and shopping the list goes on. Now that I am home ALL THE TIME I find that its way to easy to push things on the top of my to-do list to the bottom and move relaxing to the top all the time. I am home more but my house doesn’t stay clean, I get to play with Kaylee all the time but I feel like its not as much of a quality play. It’s a hard thing to explain.
   4th change- Money, Samm and I just bought and moved in to our first home. It’s so fun to have a home of my own. There are so many things you have to pay for with your own home that I didn’t realize before. Samm has a great job with good pay that covers our bills and other needs. I have a hard time personally spending the family’s money on fun things like quilting supply’s, fabric, clothes shoes all the things that are fun but not always needed. When I was working I didn’t feel as bad have some money for my hobbies.
   So why am I telling you all about this… I have been feeling down with all these new changes in my life. Everyone told me that being a stay at home mom would be the best thing ever so why am I feeling down? Because these changes all have to do about how I feel about myself. I need to find something I can do to fix my ways of thinking, and I found it and want to share it with as many people as I can so that they become as happy as I am.

   That Crazy Wrap Thing! It Works!

5 comments:

  1. It is a huge adjustment when you're entire life suddenly revolves around a small child. Even if you adore staying at home, you just listed off all the things that make it not so fun. I think the number one thing you're going to want to do is budget some money and time just for you. It doesn't have to be big, but it does have to be yours alone to do with whatever you want.

    Remember that your whole family will be happier if you're a happy and healthy person, and that means taking care of your needs as well. Take the time to be away from all children, get out of the house and be with friends now and then, do projects where you can get that self esteem boost you used to get from work, and realize that it's going to take some adjustment before you figure out how to be your happiest in this new life and don't feel guilty about how long it takes to get adjusted.

    You may actually be spending too much time focusing on homemaking. If you were able to keep your house in order in a smaller amount of time, that's the amount of time you should be setting aside for that task. More isn't going to be better here. Tasks tend to fill the time you give yourself to complete them and your subconscious will try to sabotage you if it's bored or doesn't get what it's needing in other times of the day. If you set aside enough time specifically for relaxing or doing things that engage you, you're less likely to try to get that from other moments when you're supposed to be getting things done.

    I think you'll be okay though. You're an amazing person all around, I've never seen you fail at something you set your mind too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Just do what you feel is best. Have regular personal and couple player and know Heavenly Father will let you know how to best manage everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as a former employee I love you!! You are amazing and still on top in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys you are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy. Way to pin down exactly what's going on and find something that fits your needs! For me, it's always tricky to figure out how to balance being a mommy and filling my own bucket. (I'm so glad we live now, when women have options!) You're beautiful as ever and it looks like you're doing a great job caring for your family. I hope this new work fits just right for what you need. Thanks for being a positive role model for my little red-heads :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete